Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What a month!

So it's been a while since I posted last...I was looking forward to July being a relaxing month, but no such luck. Of course, it's not always a bad thing to be busy...and when you have two jobs that you like, it's actually kind of a nice thing.


All of the sudden Rockhurst's campus is shaping up and getting ready for students again. Case in point--the Rock Room. Last week, this is what it looked like---->


Then, suddenly, we come back in and now we have this...
Definitely an upgrade! I was a little nervous when I saw how much BLUE was going in there...but someone in the planning definitely had an eye for color, and it's turned out lovely. And definitely better than the random red carpet wall we had.

We just ended the summer conference season with my favorite conference from last year--Kfest. (Oddly enough, the name of the conference is still KansasFest though they've been holding it in Missouri for years now). Kfest is advertised as "summer camp for geeks," which is a name it lives up to...but in addition to not having nearly as many lock-outs and boo-boos as the other camps (this one is all adults) they're also some of the most interesting people Rockhurst houses, ever. I remembered most of the campers from last year and a few remembered me, so it was like seeing old friends.
Alas, since conferences are finished, it is quickly approaching time to move out of the townhouses. I like the townhouses well enough, and I've lived in three since last May, but I'm definitely ready to get into my new and insanely awesome house. Rockhurst just bought it, and my roommates and I will be the first people to live there. It seems like two weeks ago that I moved into summer housing (and I won't lie and say that moving is fun), but the idea of settling into somewhere for a solid 9 months is very appealing. And I'm trying mightily to not panic about not knowing where the heck I'll be after those 9 months.
Well, hopefully my next update will be within the month...as soon as things have settled down and I'm implanted in my new place.
Ta!

No comments: