Monday, September 15, 2008

Can we say...busy?!?!?!


Wow, so I'm barely getting this in within a month of my last post...suffice to say, I did NOT realize how extraordinarily busy senior year was going to be! That said, it's still awesome--between 3 great Theology classes, 3 amazing roommates, and 2 nice jobs, I'm having quite a good time. First off, here are me and the girls! The picture is from one of our 'family' dinners, which are fast becoming a tradition for us. So far, we've also been regularly hitting the Farmer's Market in Rivermarket (cheap produce!!), we've been to see a guitarist at an art studio, been out for sushi...and we have a list posted on the fridge of all the other things we want to do as a 'family,' including going the opera, carving pumpkins, and spending a weekend in San Diego. It's just a fact--at college, your friends become family!
As for my grad school search, I've officially begun 2 applications and scheduled the dreaded GRE. I'll also be visiting the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley during our fall break, which I hope will help me get some perspective on where I need to be in my application process now. But between classes, work, and cultural events with the roomies, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to prioritize!
Happily, however, I am getting along quite well in my classes--New Religious Movements is my hands-down favorite right now. Last week we did the Mormons and this week is Jehovah's Witnesses...our prof has done in-depth study in Satanism, so I'm looking forward to that chapter. And of course, the motivation of "I'm really going to need to know this in grad school" is a pretty good way to convince myself to study.
Homecoming is just around the corner here--I'm still not sure if I'm going to the dance, but there is no way I'm missing Jim Wand, the hypnotist that comes to Rockhurst every year. I think he's the best entertainment we book. I'm not sure particularly why, but I always think Homecoming week is a lot of fun...and this is my last one here, so I'm going to make it count!
Well, I do have two tests this week and a paper due next, so I probably should spend some time doing homework...or playing around on facebook while thinking about doing homework...whichever comes first.
Ta all!

No comments: