Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's almost over...?


I don't know how it happened. I really don't. But here I am, 2 weeks away from my own graduation, and the end of my academic career at Rockhurst.
Well, my big news stands: I will be attending the Boston College School of Theology and Ministry this fall in pursuit of a Master's of Theological Studies! I ended up getting accepted into 5 of the 6 schools I applied to (including Notre Dame, which was a complete shock to me), and the final decision process was arduous...but eventually everything just clicked in my head, and I'm moving to Boston with no backward glances. Sometimes the right path just shows itself, and I know this was the best choice for me academically and socially.
Until then, though, I still need to graduate! The picture is of me re-presenting a nonfiction piece at the Festival of Student Achievement--I presented it initially at the Sigma Tau Delta National conference in Minneapolis. Most of my large projects are done (including an hour-long lecture my advisor let me deliver to his junior-level Theology class!) and after two finals...I'll have a degree!
This summer's plans worked out exactly as I hoped they would--I'm spending my third and final rotation as a Conference Assistant, a job that I've truly enjoyed the past two years. I also get to keep working in Admissions--yay! My hope is to move sometime in August, but as I'm waiting for housing information to come through, I'm still not sure when exactly.
I'm just happy that I get the extra time to say goodbye to Rockhurst! I don't even know if I'd recognize myself four years ago...this school has given me more opportunities to grow as a student and a person than I would have thought possible in a university. Think it's a coincidence that I'm doing my grad work at another Jesuit school? Think again :-)

1 comment:

kgagne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.